The UK based Pentax Photography Forums
Terms and Conditions
By using this forum you agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions
0. GeneralHave fun, enjoy debate, enjoy posting and viewing pics, enjoy speculating about forthcoming Pentax products and in general during heated debates the only rule is "Attack the argument and not the arguer"
- the following small print is standard stuff really and pretty much came with the forum software ...
1. DefinitionsYou/Your/User/Users means You or any other users using this Website, whether registered or guest. TPF[The Pentax Forum.co.uk]/Us/We/Our means this Website or it's officers, directors, representatives, servants, agents or employees.
2. Use of Forums
2.1By using and visiting this Website, you signify your consent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Site.
2.2You may not use any 'deep-link', 'page-scrape', 'robot', 'spider' or other automatic device, program, algorithm, methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the site or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the site or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the site. We reserve the right to bar any such activity. You agree not to use or launch any automated system that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the hosing servers in any period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a convention on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TPF grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes.
2.3You may not engage in or publish advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations on this forum, or otherwise sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind.
2.4You may not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming", "spamming", "flooding", "sniping", "digging", "trolling" and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. You agree and warrant, through your use of this forum, that you will not use this forum to post any material which refers abusively to persons based upon their race, sexuality, gender or culture, nor will you post any material that is unlawful, threatening, harmful, bullying, defamatory or invasive of a person's privacy. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity. You agree not to escalate any negativty on the forums by responding to any abusive or offensive comments made about you or to you and will instead contact Us so we can deal with the problem.
2.5In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create an account. You may not use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information and you are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You must keep your account password secure and notify Us of any breach of security.
3. CopyrightYou must have permission from the copyright holder to post any copyrighted material on the forum. You must not download, broadcast, reproduce, transmit, distribute, republish or copy, in any manner and by any means whatsoever, any material on this website except for your own personal and non commerical use.
4. TPF RightsTPF shall not be liable in negligence, tort, contract or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether direct or indirect, including, damage to software or hardware, damage for loss of business, loss of profits, or any other consequential loss. TPF reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these terms and conditions of use, and You agree to be bound by any such modifications, alterations or updates which are posted on this Website. We endeavour to provide a working service but we cannot be held liable for o warrant that this Website will be free of bugs, viruses or errors and will work without interruption. Any opinions, statements or advice given by You or Users on this Website are those of You or such Users only and We neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the accuracy or reliability of such and TPF is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information or material uploaded to this Website.
5. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify TPF, it's officers, directors, representatives, servants, agents or employees or anyone else involved in the running of this website of any liability or loss as a result of your use of this website. Including any liabilities or actions that result from any material you post on this website. TPF is not responsible for and will not be held liable in anyway whatsoever for any material you post on this website. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to comments and material that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against this Website with respect thereto. TPF makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Comments or to the accuracy and reliability of the same or any material or information that you transmit to other Users. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TPF, it's officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Website; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your Comments caused damage to a third party. This indemnity will survive these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website.
6. PrivacyWe will respect the privacy of any Users of this Website and will not pass on any personal information without express permission.
7. GeneralThese Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claim or dispute between you and TPF arising from this Website shall be decided exclusively by the courts of England and Wales. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and TPF failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions for any changes. These Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Us without restriction.
8. 3rd party WebsitesTPF is not responsible for the content or availability of any 3rd party Websites linked through this Website or otherwise. Any links to 3rd party websites ot content from such uploaded to this Website by You is your sole responsibily and you agree to not make any claim whatsoever against Us in respect of such for any reason, including but not limited to damage or loss to You or any 3rd Party. Any contact, dealings or associations between You and any advertisers, merchants or any other 3rd parties found on or via this Website, including delivery of or payment for products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, associated with such dealings, are solely between You and the relevant advertiser, merchant or other 3rd party. You agree not to hold Us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings, associations or contact.